Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Random Thoughts

A few random things that happened today:

First off, can I give myself a tip and not wait an entire year next time to buy Thum??
Thum is the wickedly nasty lacquer you paint on if you want to break the thumb sucking/nail biting habit.  The main ingredient is cayenne pepper extract and let me tell you, its hot.....and nasty.  It instantly took me back to 1979.  Unfortunately, I was a bit more spirited (that's such a sweet way to describe myself at 5 yo) than Ellie and I would gnaw on my thumb until the lacquer wore off and then I was good-to-go.  Thumb sucking resumed.

Anyway, I finally picked some up last week and made a big deal of Lauren painting it on.  
Did it work?  Like. A. Charm.

She has not to much as put that thumb anywhere near her mouth. This, after 3 1/2 years of consistent thumb-in-the-mouth.  She is so proud of her paint job each day and refuses to "mess it up by getting it wet."
Are you kidding me?  I can't believe it is this easy.  I am still waiting for this to blow up in my face.  And for the bargain price of $2.79 and about 6 minutes of my time.

The other hilarious part of my day was when I came downstairs to find a sign on the front door. The girls love to make signs...especially when we are having company over.  Well, I went out to read it and here's what it said:
"Do to others as you would have them do to you!"
Our (former) Pastor is coming for dinner tonight.  
Brown-nose much?