Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hippopotamus Diet

Seems like a bit of an oxymoron, doesn't it?  

We were headed to the zoo yesterday when one of the kids asked me what hippos eat.  Now, I looooooooove these questions when I'm near Mac
(nothing wrong with looking like Super Mom occasionally)
The car is an entirely different story.  I stalled for time and then replied, "Grass?"

I went on to explain that they eat lots of different things (random guess) and would everyone like to find the hippos as soon as we get to the zoo (can't remember where they are despite bimonthly zoo visits) and there we can read the exhibit because it will tell us everything they eat. 
(right?)

As I finish outlining our (rather brilliant) plan of attack, Lauren pipes up from the back seat, 
"Or, we could just Google it Mom."

Right.
I think they're onto me.