Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Trumped Again

I was in PA last week at Voice of the Apostles....a conference for church. Amazing!

Anyway, a bit behind on just about everything but didn't want to forget this story.

I asked Abigail to leave Gabriel in his highchair and a couple minutes later noticed she was holding him (as she loves to do 24/7) I reminded her of what I had said and asked her to head to the steps to think about it.

A couple minutes later I went to talk with her about the importance of obedience.
Here is the end of our conversation:

Me: Abby, remember that the Bible says to honor your mother and father so that you will live long on the earth.
A: Actually Mom, it says, "so that you will live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you"

Hmmm? Perhaps I was quoting NIV and she was quoting the King James version???