Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pineapple Mango Salad


Wash and chop the organic greens of your choice.  Then, chop and add the following:
medjool dates*
pineapple
mango
red pepper
cilantro
red onion
pine nuts
avocado

Drizzle on the homemade dressing of your choice.  Here I used:
fresh squeezed lime juice
real salt
Bariani olive oil
dash of raw honey

My inspiration for this salad came from Whole Food's pineapple mango salsa.  I threw the last scoop on my salad one day and, oh my, it was delish!  So, that's a nice short cut when you are pressed for time! ;)

* I am obsessed with medjool dates.  First off, because they date back to circa 65 BC.  In fact, they recently unearthed a seed near King Herod's palace in Israel and replanted it!  I'm sorry, but that is just uber cool.  On the health side, they contain a bountiful amount of vitamins and minerals.