Thursday, May 26, 2011


A few days ago, Ron asked the kids to "tidy up" the toy room downstairs.  Imagine my annoyance surprise when I walked down to find this.



In case you needed a closer look

I will be honest and tell you I wanted to scream at them.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
But I have read Danny Silk & Love & Logic too many times.

Just before bolting from the scene, I put on my nicest smile and said, "Let me know how that works out for you."

I peeked down several hours later and although they were diligently working, there was no noticeable progress.  Still, I kept my mouth quiet.  (that's tough for me)



Imagine my surprise when I came down in the morning to find the toy closet looking like this.  They managed to finagle Ron down there for a bit but hey, way to use your resources.

I asked Madeline later how things turned out (so sly, I am) and she said, "Next time I think we're going to organize one area at a time instead of dumping."

Parenting with Love & Logic scores again.....