Thursday, April 28, 2011

Totseat....The Portable Travel Chair


I was asked to tryout and review Totseat and it arrived at my door this week in a very small box.  Hmmmm, good first impression.

My youngest is 21 months so he's at the high end of the age range for this item.....8-30 months, but we tore open the package and got right to work.  When I first went to strap him in he started screaming, but I'm sure it was because he's in a screamer phase he was hungry.  I grabbed some raisins and he jumped right in.

What I loved right off?  It was super easy to use.  I am very baby contraption challenged.  Very.  Think: trying to figure out the Baby Bjorn in 2001....I think I ended up in the Bjorn with Madeline wearing it.  No joke.  I didn't even have to whip out the manual for the Totseat -- which is good because who has time for that?  I also loved how easy it was to pack up.  Cramming it back in the (small) matching bag was a snap.  Very important because when you're out at a restaurant and the baby is done?  He's d.o.n.e.

I tried it on a variety of chairs and it adjusted well.  It has adjustments in the back and sides to fit all types of chairs.

Here's what I didn't love.  It sits too low for most chair/table combinations.  Since the baby is sitting on an adult seat, they are seated too low to reach the table for eating/playing.  I did find one chair in our home that sat high enough but I'm guessing that's an anomaly.

I'm giving the Totseat a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.  My recommendation:  adjust this product to double as a highchair cover for restaurants that do offer a highchair.  This way, you have a way to cover the filthy, dirty highchair and you have an option for places that don't offer one.  Bonus!