Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mango Avocado Salad


My SIL brought a delicious mango, corn & black bean salad out to the Farm earlier this week and when I couldn't get ahold of her tonight for the recipe, I just started chopping and adding.  GLLAM and I ate it for dinner and it was de-lish!  Here's what I did:

2 organic mangos, chopped
2 organic avocados, chopped
1 organic red pepper
2 cups organic black beans (cans can be used in a pinch, soaked and cooked is better!)
juice of 2 small organic lemons (or 1 large)
dash of cayenne
handful of fresh parsely from the window sill
sprinkle of pink peppercorn
dash of real salt (my favorite is himalayan)
drizzle of good, unrefined olive oil (if you don't have the good stuff, skip this step!)

Combine and stir.  I gave it a few extra stirs so the avocados would get creamy.  Personal preference.  Either way, its all gone and I can't wait to make another batch.  Enjoy.