Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuna Avocado Salad


Alternately titled:  My latest obsession

Madeline's "pass" is PB&J (all the kiddos get one "pass" food) and one day last week the avocados (which we cut up for every meal) happened to be sitting near the tuna.  So, I started chopping and stirring.  And checking the internet to see who else had done this!

I've made it for almost every meal a few times since last week and here's what I've been doing:

1 can of wild caught tuna (the high fat kind, way better for you!)
1-2 organic avocados
dice up a bunch of organic veggies....carrots, celery, zucchini, cucumber, green onions
1 clove garlic
salt/pepper to taste (use real salt!)
slice an organic, heirloom tomato and lay over slices of the green of your choice.  Pictured here is romaine.
Scoop on your salad mix -- more is always better! -- and drizzle some balsamic vinegar.  My favorite is Bariani but its kinda pricey.  (if you are local, lmk, I can get at cost)

You can add a dollop of mayo if you like.  I'm so smitten with avocados and they give me all the creaminess I can handle!

Enjoy!

Oh, and P.S., this is one serving....multiply as needed! ;)