Monday, January 30, 2012

Fig Balsamic Dressing

Here's a dressing I've been playing around with.  I first made it with actual figs but the texture is not perfected, and requires the BlendTec, so I'm posting an easier version.

3/4 c. extra virgin olive oil*
1/2 c. fig balsamic vinegar
5 T. pure maple syrup
dash brown mustard
1 clove garlic
dash sea salt

Mix in a glass jar and shake.  Enjoy.

As a side note, oils that are cold-pressed, unrefined, quality oils will solidify when cold.  Take it out of the fridge a few minutes before dressing your salad to allow the oil to warm.  You can also place the jar in warm water if you are in a hurry. (that's never me, I just thought you could use the tip)

*one of my favorite olive oils is Bariani.  Although it goes against my organic grain, they are a family company and take great pride in making raw, unfiltered, olive oil.