Saturday, September 3, 2011

Home Again, Home Again

We survived Hurricane Irene and spent the past 9 days enjoying 3 mini vacations.....Williamsburg (to hide from her), Raleigh (need to go further inland!) and finally, OBX.  Lots of fun memories and many wonderful pictures but one of my favorite highlights was during the plane ride home when one of the GLLAM clan handed me the following (they found it in a magazine) and said, "This is for you, Mom."

You are the cheese to my macaroni 
You are the horizon to my sky
You are the bacon to my eggs
You are the laces to my sneakers
You are the jelly to my peanut butter
You are the smile to my face
You are the gravy to my mashed potatoes
You are the bubbles to my bath
You are the milk to my cookie
You are the ink to my pen
You are the ketchup to my french fries
You are the water to my ocean
You are the icing on my cupcake

Nothing like ending vacation with a few tears.