Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy 9th Birthday Maddie!


Dear Madeline,

9 years ago today you gave me the title of "Mommy" -- a role that I was born to fulfill. I will never forget the moment I first held you in my arms, it completely and totally took my breath away.

You look for the gem in everyone. I wish I could take credit for the amazing way that you care for others. You remind me of your Uncle Sammy as a child. I am convinced you have a bit of Mother Theresa in your soul.

Thanks for making me laugh! Today at lunch for example, as you were reading the menu...."fresh fruit crepe made with.....organic yogurt....AHHH, NOW you're talkin' my language!" You are the only 9 year-old I know that petitions fast food restaurants to carry organic items on their menu. You inspire me.

With everything in me, I pray to be the Mommy that you need me to be.

I love you,
Mom