Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Gabe!


Dear Gabriel,

Where do I start? I wish I could put into words how amazing it has been to parent you over the past 3 years.

I love the excitement you show over the smallest things. Like this week when we picked Lauren up from preschool and you exclaimed in the most joyful voice (and biggest smile!), "Nony, did you have the BEST day at school today?"

Your love of music is contagious. Nothing makes me smile bigger than seeing you jam away on the guitar. You will stand by the iPod for hours and just sing to the music. God has something cool in store for you with music, this I know.

I might have cried last week as I walked in to see you standing in front of Lincoln's swing and saying, "YOU ARE MIGHTY!" over and over with your arms raised. At the tender age of barely 3, you are an incredible big brother.

Sometimes I think my heart will burst, I love you so much. Tucking you in at night and hearing you say in your small, sweet voice, "Mommy, will you nuggle with me?"

Thanks for giving me the experience of raising a son (I know, I know, I have a looong way to go;)) I am forever blessed.

Guess what Gabers? I love you!
Guess what buddy? You're special!
Guess what little man? You are healthy, whole and powerful!
(I hope you never forget this little exchange we have)

All my love,
Mommy