Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bedtime Convos

Abby was hanging out with me as I was nursing Lincoln to sleep in the nursery tonight. Here's our conversation:

A: Mom, what job are you going to have when you are a Grandma?
Me: Well, I'm going to be doing lots of things including helping you with your family, I hope.
A: Like so I can go on a date night with my husband?
Me: Absolutely!
(random change of topic coming)

A: Did you know I was talking with God and I think I'm going to have a son someday and name him "James?"
Me: I was not aware.
A: Yes, and I've never even heard of that name.
Me: You didn't know your Uncle Sam's middle name is "James?"
A: NO!? I guess he'll be my son's uncle then.
Me: Great Uncle, but yes. And he would have been his uncle anyway, but ok.
(random change of topic coming)

A: OH! I narrowed down my things I want to be when I grow up. Its either a dentist, hairstylist or construction worker. Doctor is out.
Me: (where do I start?)
A: Doctor is out because I won't give people shots. Dentist is in because I could help people fix their teeth. And I can be a construction worker because its not just for boys. And I love trucks. And I might want to drive a car transporter so I can sit in all the cars I am driving around....
(random change of topic coming)

A: Mom, which pizza is your favorite, Donatos or Papa John's?
Me: Not even close, Donatos!
A: I like Papa John's better. Wanna know why?
Me: Bring it on.
A: Because I have a Papa AND I have an uncle named John!
(random change of topic coming)

A: Knock, Knock?

And there you have it. 3 minutes in my world.


*My grandfather is "James" also....moment of memory lapse as he has always been called, "Jim."