Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Do Not Call List - I thought I was on it??

I should preface this story but saying that one of my pet peeves is when a solicitor does not respect my very polite way of getting off the phone.  

This was today's phone call:

Solicitor:  Hello! (so peppy - like the I've-had-12-cups of coffee peppy) My name is George and I am calling on behalf of the National Republican Party and I....
Me:  I'm sorry Sir.  This is not a good time.
S:  Well, I will make this brief, I just need to talk to you about....
Me:  Sir.  Its just not a good time right now.
S:  Madam, we would like your...
Me: (trying not to hang up.  desperate to say something to appease him)  We are voting Republican.  Can you just put us down for that?
S: Well, I need to tell you....
Me: And now I am voting Democrat.  Goodbye.

I felt like the British lady from W*eakest Link........You are the weakest link.  Goodbye.