Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas....and a new salad dressing


What else would our family do on the afternoon of Christmas?  Of course we formulated a new salad dressing for our dinner tonight.  My girls love to add sesame and poppy seeds to our salad dressings....not really sure how that started.

At any rate, this is a simple one but I decided to jot it down (since I am terrible at that!) for future reference.

Christmas salad dressing:

1 c. good olive oil
1/2 c. raw apple cider vinegar
1/2 c. raw honey (usually I would probably go 1/4 c. but, its Christmas!)
nice hearty sprinkle of poppy seeds (2T?)
little less hearty of sesame seeds (1T)
dash paprika
2 dashes of worcestershire
real salt and pepper

Combine and shake.

Do you see the topper on my mason jar?  Jealous? ;) 
See recapmasonjars.com and Merry Christmas to you!