Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

I'll explain this in a second.


I could have a great family Easter picture to post. But I don't. The best I did was snap this photo of the kids before the egg hunt at Uncle Milt and Aunt Bonnie's today. And no, my kids are not the ones holding the plastic bags. I came prepared with proper Easter baskets, of course. Seriously. Madeline actually has a basket, not so much Easter, more like what was the bread basket about 5 seconds earlier. God bless her creativity and go-with-the-flow-attitude.

Lincoln was in the ERGO carrier during the egg hunt, hence the 1st picture. Can't forget our little Linc!

And now on to the most thrilling part of the day. The adult easter egg hunt! Mom and Dad hosted an Easter brunch for all my sibs and the grandkids and surprised us with an egg hunt for "the big kids!"


Thanks Maddie for capturing the entire event with 79 pictures (no lie)
Am I hunting for eggs here or doing step aerobics??


Ha! I found one. If you look closely, I am stashing it in my bag.


Yes, that's me ducking under the deck. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon style.
Did I mention these eggs had money in them?


This year was the best Easter. I decided to just enjoy the day. This morning, the girls asked if they could wear flip flops and I said, "Go for it!" Gabe wanted to wear jeans: "You got it, buddy!"

Sometimes I get so caught up in everyone having the cutest outfits, making up the coolest Easter baskets, taking all the most Kodak pictures, that I miss just enjoying the day.

This year, I did my best to focus on why we do all this in the first place: He is Risen!


The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here, he is risen, just as he said..."
Matthew 28