Saturday, March 8, 2008

Kickin' it Old School

Let me explain.  

I heard Gabriel in his crib at 6 am this morning.  He went to bed at 7 last night so I knew he was ready to get up.  I reluctantly headed for the nursery as we are in a full-on blizzard here (10 inches already) and this morning, of all mornings, would be the perfect day to sleep in.

As I am headed back out of the nursery, Gabe in tow, Madeline (also known as my angel and you'll see why in a second) appears out of nowhere and says, "Mom, I can take him so you can go and sleep some more."

Could it be true?  Am I still dreaming?  Do I really have a child that is old enough for this?  
(This inner dialogue came later in the morning.... much later....and after I handed Gabbers off like the Olympic torch and dove back under the covers).

Ahhhhhh, Ron and I got to sleep in for a bit.....reminding us of BK  (before kids).