Sunday, August 5, 2012

Garden Gone Wild!


Our garden is going crazy this year....which is a welcome change from last year when we started to think we had lost our organic touch (that's what a cool summer and lots of rain will do to you!)

At any rate, we have so many veggies between the garden and our CSA that I have been making up new smoothies almost daily.


Today's smoothie was a combination of broccoli, celery, snap peas, green beans, squash, zucchini and cucumbers.  Combine your veggies with purified water and freshly squeezed organic lemon juice and the fruit of your choice (I threw in a handful of organic strawberries.)  My kiddos loved this one.

You will be amazed how many veggies you can blend up!  I blend, re-fill, and blend again.  After pouring this one for GLLAM, I make another blender full for Ron and myself.