Friday, November 5, 2010

In Which I Reflect on the Past 10 Years....

**Update:  Miracle Blanket has extended a discount code for those that entered the contest but did not win.  Please contact me if you would like this discount.**
** UPDATE!  Congrats jenzen69 on winning the Miracle Blanket.  Please post a comment here with a way to contact you. **

Everywhere I turn the past few weeks there is some sort of big "baby" news.  A college roommate  expecting triplets (yes, 3!), friends and family announcing "baby" news or thinking about that possibility, water births, hospital births, home water births.  Sorry, that one deserved a 2nd mention.  My cousin recently had a home water birth.  Wow.  I actually just returned from delivering a meal to a friend who birthed a beautiful baby girl, Zion, earlier this week.  Babies.  Everywhere.

During the past couple weeks, Lincoln has taken to waking just after the rooster crows and I was saying to Ron last night, "Should we pull out the Miracle Blanket and swaddle him?"   Ok, not really. 
But it did prompt a discussion on how this part of our lives will be over soon.  A whole decade of pregnancy, sleep deprivation and breastfeeding, almost over.  Did I mention sleep deprivation?  As much as a laaaaaaarge part of me won't miss the lack of sleep, part of me really will.  A teeny, tiny part.  Really tiny.  Tinsy, winsy.  I kinda enjoyed the late night re-runs.  I digress.

As I was saying goodbye (and good luck!) to this new mommy today, I asked (as I always do), "Do you have a Miracle Blanket?"
Cause you're going to need one.  Like the human body needs oxygen.  Like a duck needs water.  And don't think I'm exaggerating.

So, in honor of my week of reflection and the many sleep deprived nights these new mommies are about to experience (significantly less though, if they swaddle!), Miracle Blanket is giving away a swaddle blanket to a randomly chosen commentor.  Post your comment and 1 individual (from this blog) will be chosen on Tuesday 11/9 via MB's Twitter & Facebook.
(I don't usually do comments but I will turn them on for this :))

You can use the blanket for your own baby or make yourself famous by giving as a gift.  Your choice.



The winner will be ONLY be announced on Miracle Blanket’s Twitter page or Miracle Blanket's Facebook pagethe afternoon of Tuesday, November 9, 2010 (after 2:00 pm CST). Be sure to check there to see if you've won! The folks at Miracle Blanket will give the winner 24 hours to respond back, otherwise you forfeit the prize. Contest is open to U.S. and Canada.