Tuesday, July 22, 2008

She's Her Mother's Daughter

....that is a saying isn't it?  A strange one though, right?  Who else would she be?

Anyway, I thought of it today as were baking cookies.  As they were coming out of the oven Madeline said, "I'll get the wax paper!"  

Now, I know, most people use cooling racks, or just leave them on the cookie sheet, but my Mom always put our warm cookies on wax paper to cool.  She would tear the largest sheet ever and spread it out on the counter and start scooping cookies onto it. 
 
And so, of course, I do the same.  

And for the past 2 days (Wait, did I just say that out loud?  My mistake.                       Ok, fine.  We made oatmeal cookies yesterday and chocolate chip today.  What's your point?) Madeline has grabbed the wax paper and started ripping.

That's my girl.