Saturday, December 15, 2007

PJ's at St. John's

Abigail arrives home from preschool yesterday just as casual as can be.....in her pajama shirt.
(is this a good place to mention that this is not what she left for school in?)

Here is that conversation:
Me: Hi honey. How was dressing up as the angel today? Wait...wow, ummm, is that your pajama shirt?
A: Yep.
Me: I'm confused.
A: (silence)
Me: How are you in your pajama shirt?
A: I wore it to school.
Me: But, you wore your pink shirt with the thingys on it. (still lost)
A: Yep. And I wore my pajamas underneath my shirt.
Me: Ok. Any reason why?
A: Yep. I wanted to wear my pajamas to school.
Me: Do your teachers know these were your pajamas (please God no, please?)
A: Yep. I told them.
Me: And what did they say? (dreading answer, dreading answer)
A: They laughed. (smiling from ear to ear)

Of course they did. So now I'm the Mom that serves her kids ice cream for breakfast (after something healthy people and only once in a while!) and sends her kids to school in their PJ's (I didn't know, I really didn't know!)